Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice. Hello friends, so how are you today? British Turkey has teamed up with health coach and best-selling cookery writer, Madeleine Shaw.
Madeleine has created a selection of delicious recipes to promote the benefits of cooking with turkey, a lean and versatile protein, to those looking to live a healthy lifestyle.
Today I am sharing one of their recipes, Spiced turkey curry with spinach, peas and Cauliflower rice.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice Ingredients.
- Secondly, Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice:
- 500g of British turkey breast chopped into inch chunks or diced turkey British breast
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp of fenugreek
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 ripe beef tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 can of reduced fat coconut milk
- 200g of frozen peas
- 100g of spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander to serve
Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice Method:
- Rub the turkey in the chilli powder, salt, pepper and fenugreek and leave to the side to marinade.
- Heat a large pot to a medium heat with the coconut oil and add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and the onion. Cook for 5 minutes then add the ginger, garlic, tomatoes and turmeric. Stir for a few more minutes until the tomatoes break down and the garlic is cooked through and golden.
- Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and pour over the coconut milk. Allow this to infuse for 10 minutes then add in the turkey and cook for a further 10 minutes while you make the cauliflower rice.
- To make the cauliflower rice, roughly chop the cauliflower and then place it into a food processor and pulse until it is in a rice like consistency. Heat the coconut oil, turmeric and ginger together with a pinch of salt, add the cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked through.
- When the rice is ready. Throw in the peas, spinach to the curry and stir through for a minute so the spinach wilts and the peas are cooked through.
- Serve together with freshly chopped coriander.
Spiced Turkey Curry With Spinach, Peas And Cauliflower Rice. Recipe and recipe photography by British Turkey. So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it?
Per Serving: 400kcals, 16g fat, 12g saturated fat, 40g protein, 7.5g fibre, 18g carbohydrate, 11g sugar, 0.2g salt
You Might Like:
- Firstly, 14 Curry Recipes To Warm You Up This Autumn. Curries are great for warming you up in Autumn/Winter! 14 Curry Recipes To Warm You Up This Autumn. So many ideas.
- Secondly, Marco’s Pierre Whites Turkey Curry. Turkey curry? Prepare your usual curry and why not swap turkey breast for your usual lamb neck fillet and cut 278 calories plus 18g of fat*. Marco’s Pierre Whites Turkey Curry. Especially great with a small glass of wine 😉
- Thirdly, Thai Chicken And British Asparagus Curry With Turmeric Rice. Easy, fast goodness in a bowl. Whip this up in under 30 minutes and give your usual Thai green curry a boost by adding British asparagus towards the end. Thai Chicken And British Asparagus Curry With Turmeric Rice.
Thanks you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post?