Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Spooky Tortilla Graveyard With Guacamole Dip.
Fancy trying some Halloween Treats That Trick you into Healthier Eating?
How about making some Spooky Tortilla Graveyard with Guacamole Dip?
Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorise your neighbourhood
If that sounds like where you live on Halloween night as trick or treaters prowl the streets, how about magicking up something a little different to satisfy those ghoulish lusts but which scarily might not be as unhealthy as they look!
These devilishly good recipes packed with the original superfood, watercress, make chilling statement dishes for any Halloween party and with more than 50 essential vitamins and minerals in every mouthful of watercress, they’re frighteningly good for you!
Spooky Tortilla Graveyard with Guacamole Dip:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
4 ripe avocados
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small red onion, finely diced
4 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
2-3 large tortilla wraps
250ml vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1. To make the guacamole, add the avocado and lemon juice to a blender or food processor along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then stir in the coriander and red onion. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
2. Use a small, sharp knife to cut gravestone shapes from the tortilla wraps. Why not be as creative as you like and try cutting out some ghosts or trees as well!
3. Place a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. After a few minutes, check the temperature of the oil by dropping in a small piece of tortilla wrap. If the wrap sinks to the bottom, the oil is not hot enough. Once the oil is the correct temperature, the tortilla should stay on the surface and create bubbles.
4. Add a few tortilla shapes at a time to the oil, frying for less than a minute on each side or until golden. Drain the shapes on a kitchen towel and allow to cool.
5. Once the shapes have cooled, take a large ceramic oven dish and spread the guacamole evenly over the base. Scatter over the watercress to represent grass, then place the gravestones and other shapes in any way you like.
6. If not serving immediately, keep the guacamole in the fridge and the tortilla shapes in an airtight container at room temperature.
What do you think?
Fancy making some Spooky Tortilla Graveyard with Guacamole Dip?
Do not forget to leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Spooky Tortilla Graveyard With Guacamole Dip. Recipe and image credits: For equally delicious but slightly less gruesome recipes featuring the chairman of the chopping board, visit Watercress.
You Might Also Like:
- Spooky Photoshoot In The Woods
- Bake Halloween Cookies: 31 Days Of October
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- 9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipes
- Step By Step Guide To 9 Freaky Halloween Eats
- 7 Monster Inspired Themed Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- Happy Halloween: Batman Inspire Cut Out Pumpkin
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Easy To Make
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween
- National Hat Day And Street Art Saturday
- A Lob Haircut Or You Might Call It A Long Bob
- National Rubber Ducky Day: The Duck House
- Decorate Your Home For Winter
- Ruby Red Slippers From The Wizard Of Oz
- 9 Ways To Add Beetroot Into Your Recipes
- We Are Off To See The Wizard In This Amazing Lift
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Polka Dot Maxi Dress And Some London Street Art
- Purple Flower Umbrella And Cream Dress
- How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry And Rhubarb
- Santa Christmas Jumper And Tutu Style Dress
- 10 Christmas Party Treat Ideas To Try Out This Year
- And Just Like That.. Fair Isle Jumper & Red Trousers
- The Frozen Inspired Infinity Chamber