Sprout And Chestnut Gratin.
Are you planning something a little different for your Christmas dinner sides?
How about making this Sprout And Chestnut Gratin?
Brussel Sprouts. Love them or hate them?
Sprouts are a must at Christmas, aren’t they? Even if you’re not the biggest of fans.
Are you looking for a tasty Sprout And Chestnut Gratin recipe to try out?
If so, I have the perfect recipe for you today.
This is a great dish to make in advance, to save time on Christmas day.
If made in Pyrex Glass storage it can be cooked in the oven then left to cool and safely stored in a fridge or freezer ready to be re-heated when needed.
How To Make A Sprout And Chestnut Gratin:
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Product: Cook and Store
- 700g sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 25g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1small slice wholemeal bread made into crumbs
- 50g cooked, whole peeled chestnuts, chopped roughly
How To Make Sprout And Chestnut Gratin:
1. Cook the sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes until tender, drain. Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190 C.
2. Put the butter, flour and milk into a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until thickened, add the wine and heat, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
3. Mix with the sprouts and place into the Pyrex 4 in 1 dish.
4. Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the sprouts.
5. Cook in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (without the lid) until golden brown.
Recipe c/o Pyrex.
What do you think of this Sprout And Chestnut Gratin?
Fancy trying this recipe out?
A perfect side dish for your Christmas day dinner.
Share your thoughts in the comments below ↓
You Might Also Like: