Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah &Vita Coco
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime. Hello friends, happy Wednesday. So today I have a tasty recipe for you to try out: Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime- By Selasi Gbormittah
This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
How To Make Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime:
Vita Coco Coconut Oil
380g reduced fat coconut milk
20g lemon grass, cut in half
2 tbsp light brown sugar
Pinch of salt
180g black rice
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 ripe mango
1 large sweet potato
How To Make:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven at 180 degrees
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes and toss into a pan or baking tray with a tsp of Vita Coco Coconut Oil, chilli flakes, salt and a pinch of salt.
3. Roast the potato in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Fry the lemongrass in a tsp of oil for a few minutes. Add the milk and bring to boil until bubbling.
5. Stir in the rice and reduce the heat, allowing to cook for 35-40 minutes on low heat.
6. Make the dressing by peeling the mango and slicing thinly.
7. Zest and juice the lime and mix together with the mango in a bowl.
8. Set aside until rice is ready.
9. Last but not least, dish the rice into a bowl and top with mango dressing to serve.
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime:
Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah & Vita Coco. So what do you think of this Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime recipe?
Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do. So tasty.
You might also like these recipes by Selasi:
Firstly, ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake: I have this yummy looking recipe to share with you- ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake from GBBO’s Selasi and Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Perfect for Valentine’s Day treat too. ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake.
Secondly, Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie: How tasty!! Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie.
Thirdly, Ridiculously Good Coconut Cornbread: To Warm You Up. Ridiculously Good Coconut Cornbread.
or maybe this;
Last but not least, Lollipop Coconut Chicken: Fancy making some Lollipop Coconut Chicken? Lollipop Coconut Chicken.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you like todays post?