Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah &Vita Coco
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime.
Today I have a tasty recipe for you to try out:
Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime- By Selasi Gbormittah
This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
How To Make Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime:
Vita Coco Coconut Oil
380g reduced fat coconut milk
20g lemon grass, cut in half
2 tbsp light brown sugar
Pinch of salt
180g black rice
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 ripe mango
1 large sweet potato
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes and toss into a pan or baking tray with a tsp of Vita Coco Coconut Oil, chilli flakes, salt and a pinch of salt.
3. Roast the potato in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Fry the lemongrass in a tsp of oil for a few minutes. Add the milk and bring to boil until bubbling.
5. Stir in the rice and reduce the heat, allowing to cook for 35-40 minutes on low heat.
6. Make the dressing by peeling the mango and slicing thinly.
7. Zest and juice the lime and mix together with the mango in a bowl.
8. Set aside until rice is ready.
9. Dish the rice into a bowl and top with mango dressing to serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of: Selasi Gbormittah & Vita Coco.
What do you think of this Sticky Coconut Black Rice With Mango And Lime recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these recipes by Selasi:
‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake:
I have this yummy looking recipe to share with you- ‘Nutty Love’ Cheesecake from GBBO’s Selasi and Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Perfect for Valentine’s Day treat too.
Turmeric Sweet Potato Pie:
Ridiculously Good Coconut Cornbread:
To Warm You Up.
or maybe this;
Lollipop Coconut Chicken:
Fancy making some Lollipop Coconut Chicken?
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Indian Turkey Curry With Shallots: Fiery Curry Recipe