Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns: Autumn Cupcakes.
Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns, how yummy!!
Perfect for autumn – with all the right flavours for Halloween and Bonfire Night.Preparation 30 mins
Cooking 20-25 mins
How To Make Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns:
110g Tate & Lyle Dark Muscovado Sugar
110g Lyle’s black treacle
175g plain flour
Pinch of salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 large egg, beaten
1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
For The Cinder Toffee:
100g Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar
50g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
1 rounded tsp bicarbonate of soda
For The Topping:
150g cream cheese
Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Buns:
How To Make This Recipe:
1.) Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Put 10 paper cup cake cases into a muffin tin.
2.) Put the butter, sugar and black treacle into a saucepan and heat gently until melted. Don’t allow the mixture to get too hot. Cool slightly.
3.) Sift the flour, salt and ginger into a mixing bowl. Add the melted mixture and beaten egg, stirring them in thoroughly.
4.) Heat the milk until lukewarm, then add the bicarbonate of soda. Add to the mixing bowl and stir well. Pour the mixture into a jug and share between the cake cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.
5.) For the cinder toffee, grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil. Put the butter, caster sugar and syrup into a large saucepan (it MUST be large as the mixture increases in volume). Heat gently until melted. Increase the heat and cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Add the bicarbonate of soda, using a whisk to mix it in as it bubbles up. Take care, as the mixture is extremely hot! Pour onto the baking sheet and leave to cool.
6.) To finish the cakes, spread the cream cheese onto the cakes and top with broken-up pieces of cinder toffee.
Prepare ahead by making the cinder toffee the day before.
Guest post from Tate & Lyle. No payment was received.
You Might Also Like:
- If My Hair Looks Good, I Can Deal With Anything
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Skies Are Blue
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion