Strawberry And Chilli Nectar: Summertime Recipe.
Hello friends. British strawberries just encapsulate summer.
Gently cooking fresh strawberries with dried hibiscus flowers, a little chilli and fructose sugar in a sealed bowl over hot water brings out and captures the very essence of summer.
Keep the nectar in the fridge or even the freezer and serve ice cold in shot glasses or topped up with prosecco or champagne for a kir style cocktail.
Strawberry And Chilli Nectar: Summertime Recipe
600g/1lb 5oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
30g/1oz fructose sugar
1 red chilli, halved, seeds removed, finely chopped
5g/1/8th oz dried hibiscus flowers
1.) Add the strawberries, sugar, chilli and hibiscus flowers to a large bowl, cover the top tightly with clingfilm then place the bowl over the top of a medium sized saucepan of gently simmering water.
2.) Cook gently for 40-50 minutes.
3.) Allow to cool then chill well.
4.) Line a sieve with muslin and set over a bowl, add the strawberry mix, tie with string then suspend above the bowl to drain slowly.
5.) Pour the nectar into a bottle and chill until ready to serve.
If you haven’t bought fructose sugar before it is sold in small cardboard packs in the supermarket alongside the sugar and sweeteners.
It is a low GI sugar and sweeter than ordinary caster sugar, but don’t confuse it with a sugar substitute or sweetener.
About this post – This is a guest post. No payment was received. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
What do you think about this Strawberry And Chilli Nectar drink recipe? Do you fancy trying it? A great Summertime recipe; don’t you think?
You Might Also Like:
4 Summer Sparkling Elderflower Drinks:
Today I am sharing 4 Summer using the New Sparkling Elderflower drink by Rocks Drinks.
A blooming delicious drink from Rocks in Devon is sure to put a spring in your step when you need refreshments on the go.
Perfect for making up on a Summers evening on the garden.
- From Garden Sheds To Log Cabin: Summer House 24
- BerryWorld Strawberry And Apple Sorbet Recipe To Try
- Bee Inspired: The Wednesday Photo Link Up
- At The Beach And Now Back To School: #WWLinkUp
- Me And Tigger Bank Holiday Creative Mondays Link Up
- Summer Bucket List 2019: Weekend Link Up
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Summer How Come You’re Not Here? Wednesday Linky
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- BerryWorld Strawberry Mousse: Afternoon Tea Treat
- Chilled California Walnut And Cucumber Sunshine Soup
- West End Musical This Summer? How To Decide
- Beautiful Butterflies: Summer Is Not Over Yet