Strawberry And Chilli Nectar: Summertime Recipe.
Hello friends. British strawberries just encapsulate summer.
Gently cooking fresh strawberries with dried hibiscus flowers, a little chilli and fructose sugar in a sealed bowl over hot water brings out and captures the very essence of summer.
Keep the nectar in the fridge or even the freezer and serve ice cold in shot glasses or topped up with prosecco or champagne for a kir style cocktail.
Strawberry And Chilli Nectar: Summertime Recipe
600g/1lb 5oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
30g/1oz fructose sugar
1 red chilli, halved, seeds removed, finely chopped
5g/1/8th oz dried hibiscus flowers
1.) Add the strawberries, sugar, chilli and hibiscus flowers to a large bowl, cover the top tightly with clingfilm then place the bowl over the top of a medium sized saucepan of gently simmering water.
2.) Cook gently for 40-50 minutes.
3.) Allow to cool then chill well.
4.) Line a sieve with muslin and set over a bowl, add the strawberry mix, tie with string then suspend above the bowl to drain slowly.
5.) Pour the nectar into a bottle and chill until ready to serve.
If you haven’t bought fructose sugar before it is sold in small cardboard packs in the supermarket alongside the sugar and sweeteners.
It is a low GI sugar and sweeter than ordinary caster sugar, but don’t confuse it with a sugar substitute or sweetener.
About this post – This is a guest post. No payment was received. Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries.
What do you think about this Strawberry And Chilli Nectar drink recipe? Do you fancy trying it? A great Summertime recipe; don’t you think?
You Might Also Like:
4 Summer Sparkling Elderflower Drinks:
Today I am sharing 4 Summer using the New Sparkling Elderflower drink by Rocks Drinks.
A blooming delicious drink from Rocks in Devon is sure to put a spring in your step when you need refreshments on the go.
Perfect for making up on a Summers evening on the garden.
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 7 Ice lolly Recipe To Keep You Cool This Summer
- 6am Walkies To Beat The Heat And A New
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- From Garden Sheds To Log Cabin: Summer House 24
- Strawberry And Apple Sorbet Recipe
- Bee Inspired: The Wednesday Photo Link Up
- At The Beach And Now Back To School
- Me And Tigger Bank Holiday Fun At The Seaside
- Summer Bucket List Of Things To Do
- Summer How Come You’re Not Here?
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- BerryWorld Strawberry Mousse: Afternoon Tea