Strawberry and Irish cream liqueur fool…
- 300g strawberries, plus 4 halved strawberries to decorate
- 50g icing sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 300ml double cream
- 6 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
For the topping:
- 25g plain chocolate
- 1 tsp clear Irish honey
- 2 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- Put 200g of the strawberries into a food processor with 50g of the icing sugar and blitz into a coarse puree using the pulse button.
- Quarter the remaining strawberries and mix with the remaining icing sugar
- Whip the cream and Irish cream liqueur together in a large mixing bowl until it form soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the strawberry puree.
- Layer the mixture in 4 stemmed dessert glasses with the quartered strawberries.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the honey and Irish cream liqueur.
- Decorate the top of each fool with the halved strawberries and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top.
Recipe and photo credits- Bord Bia, the Irish Food and Drink Board