Strawberry Gin: A Great Personal Christmas Gift.
Strawberry Gin anyone!?
Makes a great gift.
Unlike sloe gin, this strawberry version only needs 3 days to stand for the flavours to develop.
Strain and decant into a pretty bottle or several smaller ones, then add a handmade label and ribbons for a personalised Christmas gift.
Delicious served with ice and chilled tonic.
Makes 1 large bottle
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Standing time: 3 days
You Will Need:
450g (1 lb) strawberries
150g (5oz) caster sugar
700ml bottle gin
1.) Very roughly crush the strawberries with a fork or potato masher then spoon into a wide necked glass bottle or le parfait style storage jar.
2.) Add the sugar then the gin, seal and give a gentle shake to mix.
3.) Leave the jar at room temperature for 3 days, giving the container a gentle shake twice each day to make sure that the sugar dissolves.
4.) Strain the mixture then decant into a clean, dry serving bottle.
5.) Seal well with a screw topped lid, cork or clip top.
6.) Decorate the bottle with a handwritten label tied on with ribbon or raffia.
7.) Serve in glasses with ice and tonic or add a splash to chilled sparkling white wine with a halved strawberry for a quick cocktail.
Strawberry Gin: A Great Personal Christmas Gift. About this post- guest post by Seasonal Berries.
You Might Also Like:
- Christmas Fun In Nottingham And What I Wore
- So Here Are 10 More Drinks Ideas For Christmas
- Too Early For A Christmas Jumper?
- Last-Minute Sweet & Savoury Festive Treat Recipes
- What Does The First Letter Of Your Name Say About You?
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At
- Christmas Leftover Veg Tart For A Delicious Meal
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With
- 6 Christmas Pea Recipes: The Christmas Pea Recipes
- Cavolo Nero, Cranberry & Prawn Cocktail How To Make
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can stop by again soon.