Strawberry Orangeade Rockets anyone?
Reminds me of being a child. I use to love these.
This recipe is great to make up with the kids for Summer.
How To Make Strawberry Orangeade Rockets:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: overnight
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 300ml (1/2 pint) water
- 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled
Strawberry Orangeade Rockets Method:
- Pare the coloured rind from the orange and lemons with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler.
- Halve the fruits and squeeze the juice.
- Add the rind to a saucepan with the sugar and water.
- Heat until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool then stir in the fruit juices and strain the syrup.
- Purée the strawberries in a liquidiser with 2 tablespoons of the syrup then sieve.
- Pour into the base of the lolly moulds and freeze for about 30 minutes until solid.
- Press the lolly sticks into frozen berry base.
- Pour the orangeade into the lolly moulds and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, dip lolly moulds briefly in warm water then lift out of moulds and serve.
What do you think of these Strawberry Orangeade Rockets?
fancy making some?
About this post –
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries
Looking for some more ice lolly recipes?
You Might Also Like:
Blackcurrant, Pear and Apple Lolly:
Blackcurrant, Pear and Apple Lolly recipe from The Blackcurrant Foundation.
How cool. 2 flavours rolled into one lolly, yummy!!
Keep some of these in the freezer for instant summer chill!
Kiwi Strawberry ice lollies:
How about making some of these refreshing Kiwi Strawberry ice lollies?
Bursting with fruity flavour and set to cool you down while you bask in the sizzling heat.