Strawberry Shortbread Hearts.
Spoil the one you love with this Valentine’s Day recipe.
Roses are red, Violets are blue, biscuits are sweet and so are you!!
Makes 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
How To Make Strawberry Shortbread Hearts:
- 225g salted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 4tbsp Rachel’s low fat strawberry yogurt
- A few drops of pink colouring, if required
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale.
- Add the flour and bring the mixture together until a soft dough is formed.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and using a floured hand gently roll out to ½ cm thickness.
- Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately ten minutes.
- Leave for five minutes on the tray to cool and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
To Make The Icing:
- Mix the icing sugar with the strawberry yogurt and beat until smooth, add the colouring and beat again.
- Using a small piping bag, pipe the strawberry icing within the contours of the biscuit.
- Allow to set.
What do you think about these Strawberry Shortbread Hearts? Do you fancy making some?
Recipe and photo credit by Rachel’s
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: