Strawberryade: Great For Children’s Parties.
Fancy making some Strawberryade?
An ideal idea for the children parties.
Refreshingly simple and easy to make.
Makes 1 litre (1 and 3/4 pints)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: overnight
How To Make Homemade Strawberryade:
What You Need:
250 g (9 oz) strawberries, hulled
3 lemons, scrubbed
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
750 ml (11/4 pints) boiling water
1.) Crush the strawberries roughly with a potato masher or handheld wand mixer in a bowl.
2.) Pare the rind thinly from half the lemons with a vegetable peeler making sure to leave as much white pith behind as possible or this will the make the strawberryade bitter.
3.) Halve and squeeze the juice from all the lemons then mix into the strawberries with the sugar.
4.) Pour on the boiling water, stir well to mix then cover and leave to cool place. Transfer to the fridge overnight.
5.) Next day, strain if liked, and pour into a bottle, seal and chill in the fridge until needed.
6.) Use within 2 days.
7.) Serve undiluted with ice or mixed half and half with sparkling water for children.
Strawberryade: Great For Children’s Parties. Credits: Seasonal Berries.
You Might Also like:
BerryWorld Mixed Berry Pavlova For Easter:
Fancy making this beautiful BerryWorld Mixed berry pavlova over Easter?
This pavlova is indulgent but light.
The lemon curd gives it a lovely citrus flavour. Add mini Easter eggs to impress guests on Easter weekend.
Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes:
Happy Thursday. Fancy making some of these Gluten-free Mini Elderflower And Lemon Loaf Cakes?
These are quite delicious and very moist little cakes which are perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon or even as a gift individually wrapped in a small bag with a pretty ribbon.
Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess:
Happy Mother’s Day. Speedy Strawberry Yogurt And Meringue Mess anyone? How yummy?
Treat your mum to this yummy pudding on Mother’s Day – it takes just 10 minutes to prepare!
This easy treat is full of yummy things. Strawberries, yogurt and meringue shells crunched up. What’s not to love about this recipe?
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue:
Fancy making a showstopping Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue?
Layers of meringue, smooth whipped cream and a sharp taste of raspberry come together to make this elegant pastel dessert.
How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes:
Love chocolate? Love beetroot? Love cupcakes?
Chocolate Beetroot Cupcakes anyone?
These would make a lovely Mothers’ Day treat for afternoon tea:
Everybody loves a chocolate cupcake, and these will be no exception!
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- How To Make Spiced Carrot And Ginger Soup
- Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos
- Marshmallow Crispy Cupcakes: Great For Parties
- Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf
- Baked Eggnog Cheesecake, Ginger And Maple Crust
- Goat’s Cheese Brushetta: Great For Christmas Starters
- What To Make On Chocolate Covered Anything Day?
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas 2020
- Rudolph’s Cranberry Mocktail: How Amazing!?
- Walnut And Cranberry Pie: Christmas Cracked!!
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts