Succulent Chicken Satay Skewers: BBQ Ideas.
Fancy giving these Succulent Chicken Satay Skewers a try?
A little Lyle’s Black Treacle gives that signature depth of flavour to this simple chicken satay dish.
How To Make Succulent Chicken Satay Skewers:
Preparation: 10 mins, plus 2-3 hours to marinate
Cooking: 15 mins
For The Chicken Satay Skewers:
2 tbsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
100g crunchy peanut butter
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
For The Salad:
1 tsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 carrot, pared into strips
8 radish, sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
Handful of beansprouts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make This Recipe:
1.) To make the satay sauce put the Lyle’s Black Treacle into a large mixing bowl (not a metal one) with the peanut butter, chilli sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice. Spoon half this mixture into a small serving bowl, stir in 2 tbsp just-boiled water, then cover and set aside to serve with the meal.
2.) Add the chunks of chicken to the rest of the satay sauce in the bowl. Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or overnight, if preferred).
3.) When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue or grill. Thread the chicken onto soaked wooden kebab sticks or skewers. Barbecue or grill, turning often, for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is done. (Test with a sharp knife – there should be no trace of pink juices).
4.) While the chicken is cooking, make the salad dressing by mixing together the Lyle’s Black Treacle with the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the carrot, radish, spring onions, lettuce and beansprouts. Toss together and serve with the chicken skewers and reserved satay sauce.
If you’re quite hungry, serve the chicken and salad in warm pittas, or with rice.
*This recipe is courtesy of Lyle’s Golden Syrup. For more delicious recipe inspiration visit Lyles Golden Syrup.No payment was received.*
You Might Also Like:
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- 5 More Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out #CreativeMondays
- Venison Burger with Blue Cheese And Crispy Shallots
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- Turkey Burgers With Pea Guacamole
- Isle of Wight Tomato Avocado And Red Onion Salad With A Lime And Chilli Dressing
- FRO-YO Strawberry Bark: Summer Party Treats
- How To Make A Banana Nut Cornettos
- How To Make BerryWorld Mini Fruit Tarts
- Create Your Very Own BerryWorld Pimm’s Jellies
- How To Use Jerte Picota Cherries At A Garden Party
- Sticky Chicken Wings With A Spring Onion And Celery Blue Cheese Dip
- BBQ British Asparagus With Feta And Beetroot Dressing