Recipe credits: created by Dom Franks (Belleau Kitchen) for Leisure cookers.
Sugar-free Date, Almond, Fennel Seed And Banana Brownies.
Happy Friday 😃
Today I have a Leisure Baking Tribe – Belleau Kitchen Sugar-free date, almond, fennel seed and banana brownies recipe to share with you. How yummy!!
Sugar-free brownies with date, almond, fennel seed + banana – created by Dom Franks (Belleau Kitchen), perfect to still feel like you’re having a chocolate treat over Easter, without over-doing it on the refined sugar!
Sugar-free Date, Almond, Fennel Seed And Banana Brownies:
200g pitted Medjool dates – chopped
100ml boiling water (used to soak the dates)
1 very ripe banana – mashed
50g wholemeal rye flour
25g ground almonds
75g unsweetened cocoa powder (or raw cocoa powder)
130g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
100g almonds – roughly chopped
How To Make:
1.) Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin.
2.) Place the chopped dates in a bowl, pour over the boiling water and leave to soak for about 15 minutes.
3.) Gently melt the butter in a small pan along with the fennel seeds so the flavour infuses into the butter.
4.) After the dates have been soaking for 15 minutes, spoon them into a blender or food processor, along with the banana and blitz until they are shredded. Then pour in the melted butter and fennel seeds.
5.) Next, add the two eggs and vanilla bean paste to the food processor and blitz. Then add the flour, cocoa powder and the ground almonds. Blitz again until you have a thick glossy paste. This can also be done in a large mixing bowl if a food processor isn’t available.
6.) Finally, stir in 2/3rds of the chopped almonds, being careful not to break them up too much. Now spoon the mixture into the brownie tin. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
7.) Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the top is firm to the touch – set aside on a wire rack to cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares.
Eat and of course, enjoy.
Recipe credits: created by Dom Franks (Belleau Kitchen) for Leisure cookers. Dom / Leisure Cookers Leisure Cooker Inspiration/Lifestyle/Tribe-Trends/Sugar-free.
Fancy making some of these?
Click here for all things healthy: Health Posts.
- 7 Energy Ball Recipes For After Your Gym Workouts
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- Sweet Potato Topped with Ricotta, Celery And Radish
- Pickled Apples: Great For Health Benefits: How To
- 15 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Try Out This Week
- California Walnut And Lemon Parsley Spaghetti
- Super Green Pumpkin Pesto: Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegan
- Toasted California Walnut, Lentil And Coconut Rice
- BerryWorld Strawberry, Crab and Avocado Salad
- Toasted Walnut, Black Bean, Corn And Tomato Salad
- California Walnut Power Balls: How To Make Some
- How To Make A South African Energy Bowl
- Easy Easter Fruit And Maple Syrup Bunny Porridge