Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
Summer Pudding Recipe:
Hello friends, this summer pudding is packed with fruits macerated with syrup and encased in juice soaked bread.
Suitable for a vegan diet.
Summer Pudding Recipe: Quintessentially British
How to make a Summer Pudding:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: Chill overnight
What You Need:
- 60ml Meridian date syrup
- 60ml rice bran syrup
- 750g mixed red berries (if using strawberries, hull and quarter them)
- 6 slices, day-old white bread
- Mint to serve
What You Do:
1. Gently heat the syrups in a large saucepan then tip in the red fruit (if using strawberries, don’t heat them, add them in when you build the pudding) and stir to coat in syrup. Cook gently for 5-8 minutes until the mixture is juicy but the fruit is still intact.
2. Put a large sieve over a bowl and tip the fruit in so the juices drain through. Prepare the bread by cutting off the crusts. Keep one slice whole and cut the others in half diagonally.
3. Line a 1-litre pudding bowl with cling film leaving a long overhang. Dip the whole piece of bread into the fruit juice just to coat it and lay it in the bottom of your bowl. Dip seven triangles and use them to line the sides of the bowl, overlapping slightly so they fit snuggly together.
4. Fill the bowl with fruit, (adding in strawberries as you go) and top with the remaining pieces of bread, dipped in juice. Keep any remaining juice to serve. Gather the cling film tightly over the top and set aside plate on top with a weight to press everything together. Chill in the fridge overnight.
5. When ready to serve, remove the weight and plate and unwrap the cling film. Put your serving plate on top of the bowl and upturn the pudding onto your serving plate. Gently pull the cling film to loosen and release the pudding from its bowl discarding the cling film. Pour over the remaining juices and add a sprig or two of mint and serve.
Chef’s tip: Whip together vegan cream cheese and vegan yogurt as an alternative to crème fraiche.
Summer Pudding Recipe: Quintessentially British. Recipe and photo courtesy of Meridian Foods.
What do you think of this Summer Pudding recipe?
You Might Also Like:
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- From Garden Sheds To Log Cabin: Summer House 24
- BerryWorld Strawberry And Apple Sorbet Recipe To Try
- Bee Inspired: The Wednesday Photo Link Up
- At The Beach And Now Back To School: #WWLinkUp
- Me And Tigger Bank Holiday Fun At The Seaside
- Summer Bucket List 2019: Weekend Link Up
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out
- Summer How Come You’re Not Here? Wednesday Linky
- 4 Meaty Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party