Sunday Lunch Scones: Queen’s Birthday.
I always think of scones being sweet and full of strawberries, jam and cream. Today I am sharing a savoury version of the scone, perfect for Sunday lunch or parties.
Sunday lunch scones Queen’s birthday :
How To Make Sunday Lunch Scones:
For The Sunday Lunch Scones:
- 225 g Self-Raising Flour (8oz)
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachet (5g/1tsp)
- 100 g Lightly Salted Butter (3 1/2 oz, softened)
- 175 ml Whole Milk (6 fl.oz)
- 50 g Sage and onion stuffing mix (2oz)
- 200 g Cooked Chickens (7oz, cut into 16 slices)
- Bacon (4 rashers of bacon, quartered)
- Asparagus (16 cooked fine asparagus stems, cut into short lengths)
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C (200˚C fan assisted oven, 425˚F, gas mark 7). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Sift the flour and Baking Powder into a bowl. Rub in 50g (2oz) butter until the mixture resembles fresh breadcrumbs. Stir in the stuffing mix.
- Put 15ml (1 tbsp) milk in a small dish and then add to the rest to the dry ingredients and mix to form a firmish dough. Turn on to a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly then roll out to a thickness of approx. 2cm (3/4 inch). Cut into 16 x 4cm (1 ½ inch) rounds using a plain cookie cutter, re-rolling as necessary, and transfer to the baking tray.
- Brush the tops with the reserved milk and bake for about 15 minutes until risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When ready to serve, cut the scones in half and use the remaining butter to spread lightly on the scone halves. Fill with chicken, bacon and asparagus. Your scones are now ready to serve and enjoy!
*Recipe and recipe photography by Dr. Oetker*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of these Sunday Lunch Scones? Perfect for celebrating The Queen’s birthday.
You might also like:
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?