Superstar Jellies: Great For Fathers Day.
Today I have a fun recipe to share with you: Superstar Jellies.
How cool are these?
Great for Fathers day!?
Perfect for the Superstar in your life too.
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus cooling and chilling
Cooking time: 15 minutes
How To Make Superstar Jellies:
- 150g (5oz) Raspberries
- 100ml (3 ½ fl.oz) Berry juice drink
- 25g (1oz) Icing sugar
- 1 sachet Dr. Oetker Vege-Gel
- 125ml (4 ½ fl.oz) Whole milk
- 50g (2oz) Dr. Oetker White Chocolate Chips
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- Dr. Oetker Sky Blue Gel Food Colour
- 175ml (6fl.oz) White grape juice drink
- Dr. Oetker Giant Chocolate Stars, to decorate
1. Arrange 6 x 150ml (1/4pt) heatproof clear beakers, tumblers or dessert dishes on a tray. Put the raspberries, berry juice and icing sugar in a blender or food processor and blitz for a few seconds until well blended. Push through a nylon sieve to remove the seeds.
2. Pour 300ml (1/2pt) cold water into a bowl and sprinkle over the Vege-Gel powder. Stir until dissolved.
3. Pour one third into a saucepan and heat through, stirring, until just boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberry mixture. Divide equally between the beakers. Leave aside to cool – they will set quickly as it cools – then chill the jellies for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, pour the milk into a saucepan and add the Chocolate Chips and Vanilla Extract. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until hot and thoroughly melted. Remove from the heat and put to one side.
5. Once the raspberry jelly has set, pour half the remaining Vege-Gel into a saucepan and heat as above. Mix into the Chocolate milk and then divide between the 6 beakers and leave to cool and chill as before.
6. For the final layer, squeeze 40 drops Blue Gel Food colour into a jug and blend with a little of the grape juice until dissolved. Stir in the remaining juice.
7. Once the Chocolate layer is set, repeat the preparation of the remaining Vege-Gel, and mix into the blue grape juice. Pour into the beakers and leave to cool. Chill the jellies for at least 1 hour before serving. Top with Chocolate Stars to decorate.
Recipe and image courtesy of Dr. Oetker.
What do you think of these Superstar Jellies?
Fancy making some?
You might also like: