Tangerine And Tequila Marmalade.
Hello Friends. Fancy making some Tangerine And Tequila Marmalade?
A tangy, taste-tantalising marmalade to liven up your toast!
Preparation 1 hour
Cooking approx.1 hour 30 minutes
Makes 6 x 450g jars
How To Make Tangerine And Tequila Marmalade:
10 tangerines or satsumas
1 litre water
1.5kg Tate & Lyle Preserving Sugar
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Squeeze the juice from the tangerines or satsumas and lemon, reserving the pips. Put the juice into a preserving pan or large saucepan.
2. Scrape the pulp from the peel and put it onto a large square of muslin with the pips. Tie up the corners tightly and put it into the saucepan. Add the water.
3. Use a sharp knife to shred the citrus peel finely. Add the peel to the saucepan. Cover and leave to soak overnight (this helps to extract more pectin, which will help to give a firm set to the marmalade).
4. Next day, put the saucepan on the heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes to soften the peel, then remove the lid and simmer gently for a further 15 minutes, so that the liquid reduces by about one-third. Remove the muslin bag, squeezing it with a wooden spoon to push as much of the liquid as possible back into the saucepan.
5. Tip the Tate & Lyle Preserving Sugar into the saucepan and add the tequila. Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and boil steadily for 20 minutes, taking care to keep an eye on the marmalade to make sure that it doesn’t boil too rapidly.
6. Meanwhile, sterilize 6 x 450g jars by washing them in hot soapy water, rinsing well, and placing them in a low oven at 150°C/Fan 130°C/Gas Mark 2 for 10 minutes.
7. Test the marmalade for setting point. To check, remove the saucepan from the heat, spoon a little marmalade onto a cold plate and leave for 2 minutes – it should wrinkle softly when your finger is pushed over the surface. If this point has not been reached, return the saucepan to the heat and continue to boil for another 2-3 minutes. Test as before until setting point is reached. (You may need to test several times, though be patient, as this testing is crucial to achieve the correct consistency).
8. Allow the marmalade to settle for 10 minutes, then pour it into the hot sterilized jars. Leave to cool, then seal and label. Store in a cool place for up to 1 year.
The marmalade will set upon cooling, so long as you have followed the instructions for testing the setting point, even though it looks quite runny when you first pour it into the jars.
Tangerine And Tequila Marmalade recipe courtesy of Tate & Lyle Sugar.
This recipe is made using Tate & Lyle Sugars, for more delicious recipes visit Taste And Smile.
What do you think of this Tangerine And Tequila Marmalade recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
How To Make Pink Grapefruit Marmalade.
Mojito Lime Marmalade With A Hint Of Whit Rum.
Lemon And Elderflower Marmalade.
Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade.
Blood Orange And Chilli Marmalade.
Classic Orange Marmalade.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
My Blogs: ClaireJustine | Fashion By Claire Justine | Fashion On A Shoestring
Let’s Get Social : Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Instagram | Fashion By Claire Justine Instagram |
Follow Along On: BlogLovin | Follow By Email |