Can you believe it the snow is back!!
This means not much going out and lots of baking cakes inside today.
Got to take the children to school so I might just nip to the gym for a quick run on the treadmill first.
Made these lemon flower cakes over the weekend and they are lovely, sweet, tangy and very very moreish.
- 100g Margarine
- 100g Golden caster sugar
- 100g Sieved self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Juice squeezed from 1 lemon
- Grated zest from one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of whole milk
- Baking spray
- 12 lemon jelly sweets
- 2 x 6 holed flower silicon trays
- 50g Margarine
- 50g Soft cream cheese
- 200g Sieved icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 jelly lemon sweets
- Make the cheesy butter cream first and place into a icing bag and leave into fridge until ready to use.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, add the cream cheese, butter and lemon juice.
- Beat together with a electric whisk.
- Place into icing bag then into the fridge.
- Pre heat oven at 180c/350f/Gas mark 4
- Spray 2×6 holed silicon trays with baking spray optional ( helps them turn out better with shape of trays)
- Juice lemon and set aside (till after cakes are cooked)
- Grate rind of lemon set aside.
- Place butter, sugar and eggs into a large bowl and whisk until light and smooth.
- Add flour, milk and lemon rind, mix again.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the cake trays.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until golden.
- Leave 5 minutes then turn out.
- Prick the cake with a small skewer a few times the place a little lemon juice on a teaspoon and sprinkle of a few of the cakes at a time, whilst the cakes are still warm.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Pipe the cream onto the buns and place a lemon sweet in the middle.