Guest post by Seasonal Berries
Tiered Strawberry Jelly And Custard.
Bring back childhood memories of jelly and custard with this fun looking two-tone jellies, a clear fresh tasting strawberry jelly flavoured with cranberry and raspberry juice then topped with a second creamy custard layer.
How to Make Tiered Strawberry Jelly And Custard:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours or overnight
- 300ml (1/2 pint) cranberry and raspberry juice
- 6 teaspoons powdered gelatine or 2 small packets
- 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 500g (1lb 2oz) carton chilled readymade vanilla custard
- 150ml (1/4 pint) double cream
- Pour 150ml (1/4 pint) cranberry and raspberry juice into a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle over 3 teaspoons or 1 packet powdered gelatine and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stand the bowl in a saucepan of water and heat for 5 minutes until the gelatine has melted to make a clear liquid.
- Stir in the remaining cranberry and raspberry juice then the sliced strawberries.
- Spoon into the bases of 6, 250ml (8fl oz) individual jelly moulds, set on a tray.
- Allow to cool then freeze for 15 minutes or until the jelly has just set.
- Meanwhile, add the water to the rinsed heatproof bowl, sprinkle over the remaining gelatine and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Stand the bowl in a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat until it makes a clear liquid.
- Pour the custard into a bowl, lightly whisk in the cream then the gelatine in a thin steady stream.
- Pour this over the set strawberry jelly and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight until set firm.
Dip the moulds into a large dish of hot water, one at a time, count to 10 then lift out of the water, dip a finger in a little water and loosen the top edges of the jelly. Invert jelly mould on to a plate or small cake stand, jerk mould to release jelly then remove mould. Repeat with other jellies then serve.
What do you think of these Tiered Strawberry Jelly And Custard?
Fancy trying any?
About this post- This is a free guest post by Seasonal Berries
You Might Also Like These Seasonal Berries Recipes:
- Lemon Drizzle Cake: Our Favourite Cake Recipe
- Innocent Fruit Juice Review: What The Kids Really Think
- Millionaires shortbread: After Running A Race Treats
- Matalan Autumn/Winter Ditsy Floral Dining
- Whole Earth Product Review: Natural Healthier
- Warm Smarties Cookies Creative Thursday #Week5
- Bite Sized Trifles: Great For Birthdays, Christmas And Parties
- Cola Ice Cream Float With A Festive Twist
- Strawberry And Parma Ham Crostinis: Fun Party Snacks
- Strawberry Champagne Cocktails: Party Season