Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up to the weekend blog hop.
Happy you are here and hope you have fun hoping around and finding new blogs to read, follow and comment on.
If you like the blog hop please be kind enough to link back so others can join in the fun too.
The children love to have pasta in their lunch boxes instead of sandwiches just lately. Sometimes they get so fed up of having sandwiches everyday for lunch. There is only so many fillings they like and they do get a bit boring.
Great thing about cold cooked pasta is you can add anything and they never get bored of it. I simply cook a batch of pasta up when making dinner and pop it in the fridge for morning. Easy then to finishing lunch off by adding a few favourite cooked meats or tuna and whatever salad we have in at the time. Lunch complete in a matter of minutes. I also make enough up that it is ready for a few lunch days at a time.
- 250g pasta
- 1 tin of tuna chunks
- 3-5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Half a cucumber, cubed
- Cook pasta according to packet.
- Once cooked remove and put through a sieve,, place to pasta on a couple of plates and leave to cool.
- Once cold place in a suitable plastic box and place in fridge overnight.
- Cut the cucumber into cubes and add to the pasta.
- Drain the tuna and add the mayonnaise to the pasta and cucumber.
- Mix well.
- Keep stored in a airtight container in the fridge until needed.
Do you like cold pasta with salads? If so what are your favourites ingredients to go in it?
Time for the blog hop. What have you been sharing on your blogs this week?
Link up I would love to see..