Today I am sharing a fun Tuna Pickle Boats recipe from Haywards.
These sweet little boats would be perfect for summer parties, picnic and birthday parties.
Makes around 40
Ready in 10 mins
How To Make Tuna Pickle Boats:
You will need:
- 10 Haywards Medium & Tangy Silverskin Onions, chopped
- 10 Haywards Whole Gherkins, sliced, reserving 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 x 120g tin of tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 3 little gem lettuces, trimmed and separated into leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Sea salt and black pepper
How To Make:
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, gherkins and tuna.
- In a small bowl, mix together the reserved vinegar, oil, lemon juice and pink peppercorns with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the lettuce leaves on a platter or plates, ripping in two any large leaves and fill the lettuce boats with teaspoons of the mixture. Sprinkle with the dill and serve.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Haywards *
*No Payment was received*