Turkey Chilli Con Carne: A Christmas Twist On Chilli Con Carne.
Fancy trying out this Turkey Chilli Con Carne recipe?
By swapping beef mince for turkey mince it make this meal a little healthier. What is not to love!!
Turkey Chilli Con Carne: A Christmas Twist On Chilli:
45ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
700g turkey thigh mince
15ml chilli powder
400g can kidney beans, drained
400g can chopped tomatoes
30ml tomato puree
1 chicken stock cube
Guacamole or sour cream
1.) Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
2.) Add the onion, celery and garlic.
3.) Stir and soften over a steady heat for 3-4 minutes.
4.) Stir in the turkey mince and brown.
5.) Add the chilli powder, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, crumble in the stock cube and add 300ml water.
6.) Stir to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
7.) Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml of boiling water, add a good pinch of salt, stir to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
8.) Switch off the heat, cover the leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with guacamole or sour cream
Turkey Chilli Con Carne: A Christmas Twist On Chilli.
Recipe and photo credit by -Lean On Turkey.
What do you think of this dinner recipe?
Do you fancy making it?
A great mid week dinner idea.
- National Hat Day And Street Art Saturday
- A Lob Haircut Or You Might Call It A Long Bob
- National Rubber Ducky Day: The Duck House
- Decorate Your Home For Winter
- Ruby Red Slippers From The Wizard Of Oz
- 9 Ways To Add Beetroot Into Your Recipes
- We Are Off To See The Wizard In This Amazing Lift
- When Life Gives You Monday, Dip It In Glitter
- Polka Dot Maxi Dress And Some London Street Art
- Purple Flower Umbrella And Cream Dress
- How To Make A BerryWorld Strawberry And Rhubarb
- Santa Christmas Jumper And Tutu Style Dress
- 10 Christmas Party Treat Ideas To Try Out This Year
- And Just Like That.. Fair Isle Jumper & Red Trousers
- The Frozen Inspired Infinity Chamber