Recipe courtesy of Waitrose.
Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At Christmas. Hello friends. So do you fancy making a pie up today?
A bubbling, golden-crusted pie is the simplest way of turning Christmas leftovers into a warming centrepiece. Of course, so tasty too.
Also a perfect recipe for Christmas time, to use up the cooked meats.
How To Make A Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie:
Preparation time: 30 minutes + cooling | Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes + cooling
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 300g cooked gammon (preferably smoked), cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 500g cooked turkey, shredded into bitesize pieces
- 3 small trimmed leeks (about 300g), washed and cut into 2cm rounds
- 3 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 2 tbsp essential Waitrose Wholegrain Mustard
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- ½ x 20g pack tarragon, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 200g cooked Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 500g block Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
- 1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie:
- Firstly, heat the butter in a large heavy-based casserole or saucepan. Add the gammon and turkey, cooking over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, until evenly browned. Add the leeks, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover, stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Pour in the stock and bring to a brisk simmer, stirring and scraping the base of the pan, for about 4-6 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Set aside to cool for 30 minutes before stirring in the mustard and crème fraîche. Mix in the tarragon and sprouts and transfer to a large pie dish (at least 1.5 litres in size). Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C, gas mark 7. Roll the pastry on a floured work surface so that it’s large enough to cover the pie dish with plenty overhanging.
- Cut 1.5cm strips from the outside of the pastry. Brush the rim of your dish with egg, place the strips on top and brush these with more egg. Cut a couple of slits in the pastry sheet to let steam escape (or for a pie funnel) and lay on top of the pie. Crimp the edges, brush with more egg and decorate if you wish using the pastry trimmings.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Cook for a further 30-35 minutes, until golden and piping hot. Last but not least, serve and enjoy!
Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At Christmas:
Updated post. First published here 8th December 2017. Recipe courtesy of Waitrose & Partners. So what do you think of this Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie recipe? Do you fancy making one?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese. Cheeseboard mac and cheese anyone? This recipe is perfect for after Christmas meal ideas. Nice And Filling Dinner Ideas. Cheeseboard Mac And Cheese: Nice And Filling Dinner.
Secondly, Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn. So do you love popcorn and fancy giving it a Christmas twist? Because I do! How about adding bacon and maple syrup to it? Maple Syrup And Bacon Popcorn.
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.