Take some plain boring shoes and make them into Party, Wedding guest, Cruise, cocktail party, or just cheer me up shoes..
Thanks to everyone who commented on my up-cycled shoes I posted last week. If you missed it you can see it here~ Up-cycled shoes .
As a few of you have been asking how I achieved this look I thought I would do a tutorial 🙂
You will need ~
- Some shoes you never wear (just in case they don’t turn out how you would have liked!!)
- 2 different styles of ribbon
- I used 18 inches of plain and 18 red polka dot for toe bows x2
- 22 inches of plain and 22 inches of polka dot for heel bows x2
- Good quality glue ( modge podge is suppose to be the best but I never had any when up-cycling these ( I do have some now so will let you know how my next ones turn out)
- Some pinking shears to cut your bows so not to fray.
- Newspaper to place on flour to catch the glitter and glue
- plastic gloves for glueing
- Pegs for holding things together when the glue is drying
What to do~
- Make up all the 4 bows for the front of the shoes.
- I used 18 inches of plain ribbon x 2, 18 inches of patterned ribbon x 2.
- Slightly loosen the plain bow and slide the patterned bow under the knot, pull tight again.
- Repeat this with the other front bows.
- Place a blob of good quality glue under the knots and down the ribbon to hold both ribbons together.
- Place plastic pegs on the ribbons where you have glued them to hold the ribbons together and set aside to set.
- Repeat with the back bows, I used 22 inches of ribbons for longer bows.
- Brush some glue on the heels of your shoes covering little areas at a time.
- Place some paper underneath to catch the glitter.
- Sprinkle the glitter over the glued area.
- Then repeat.
- Use the glitter that is on the paper, every other time to make sure no glitter is wasted.
- A good glue like Modge Podge is best for this as it glues and seals if you buy the right one.
- I did not have any at the time but will now be sealing the glittered heels so not to loose any of it when walking.
- Leave the heels to dry.
- One the heels and bows are dry place the bows on the shoes.
- Place glue all over the backs of the bows and stick to the shoes.
- Clip the pegs over the bows to hold in place until set.