Earlier this week I received a parcel with some fun ingredients to make up a recipe using some Veetee rice and fresh vegtables. The ingredients box contained 3 packets of Veetee rice (that is ready in under 2 minutes), 3 peppers, a few chilli’s, chorizo sausage, coconut milk, sweet and sour chill sauce a egg time and 2 cool serving dishes.
As we are not to big a fans of chilli’s, especially after a eating them raw competition my oldest 2 sons had last year, so I changes a few of the ingredients around.
This is what we cam up with~
- 3 Peppers
- Teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 100g Mushrooms (sliced)
- 100g Chorizo sausage slice and cut into halves
- 2 packets of Veetee egg fried rice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 6.
- Cut the peppers into half, scoop the seeds out, cut stalks off, rinse and place onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-30 minutes (depending on how you like your peppers cooked) or until soft.
Making the filling:
- 10 minutes before peppers are cooked make the filling.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, mushrooms and chorizo sausage.
- Fry for around 6 minutes.
- Add the 2 packs of Veetee rice and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- On a severing plate take out the peppers and fill with the fried rice and vegetables.
- Sever with left over fried rice.
About Veetee rice:
- Veetee rice is available to buy at Tesco RRP £1.49 a pack.
- Each pack severs 1 as a main 2 as a side dish.
- Microwave or stir fry.
About this post: I got sent some ingredients for the purpose of the post. I was not paid and all thoughts are my own honest opinion..