Vegetable Tempura with Sunflower Seed Dipping Sauce. Hello and happy Monday.
hope you have had a lovely weekend?
Are you looking for a new starter recipe?
Or maybe a nice and warm snack?
How about this tasty;
Vegetable Tempura with Sunflower Seed Dipping Sauce?
(Dairy Free, Vegan).
Lightly tempura battered veg with a dipping sauce of sunflower seed butter, soy sauce, mirin and ginger.
Perfect for any parties and BBQs too.
How To Make Vegetable Tempura with Sunflower Seed Dipping Sauce:
Serves: 4 to share
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What you need:
For the Dipping sauce:
- ½ red chilli, de-seeded, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Meridian tamari
- 1 tbsp Meridian sunflower seed butter
- 1 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp mirin
For the tempura veg:
- 1 small courgette
- 1 small aubergine or 2 baby aubergines
- 1 red pepper
- 65g tempura batter mix
- 90ml sparkling water, chilled
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
What you do:
- Mix together all of the dipping sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Slice the courgette into ½ cm disks and the red pepper and aubergine into strips.
- Heat a deep fat fryer or a large pan half filled with vegetable oil to 170C.
- Combine the batter mix and chilled water, stir briefly, its fine to still have some lumps.
- Dip the vegetable pieces into the batter then carefully lower into the oil. Cook in several batches until golden then drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
*Recipe and recipe photo by Meridian Foods*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Vegetable Tempura with Sunflower Seed Dipping Sauce?
Fancy trying it?
Why not try now or Pin for later.
Let us know if you get to try this recipe or any others on the blog. It would be great to hear what you think.