Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce: How To Make.Hello friends. So do you fancy Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce And Horseradish Potato Rosti anyone?
How To Make Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce And Horseradish Potato Rosti:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
4 venison steaks (use beef if you can’t source venison)
1tsp black peppercorns
1tsp dried mugwort (optional)
425 ml chicken stock
75 ml Gallo Family Vineyards Autumn Red
4 tbsp sloe gin
1 tsp blackberry jam
Lemon juice, to taste
4 medium sized potatoes (maris piper are good for this)
Horseradish root (to taste)
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt and pepper
Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce And Horseradish Potato Rosti Method:
Horseradish root and potato rosti:
1. Firstly, cut the potatoes in half and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the pan and leave to drain and cool, before grating.
3. Grate some horseradish root into the mixture to taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, form the grated mix into patties and fry until golden.
To Cook The Venison:
1. Season the meat with salt. Crush black peppercorns and dried mugwort together and roll the venison in it to create a light coating.
2. Heat a large frying pan until just smoking and add the steaks.
3. Turn each piece as it colours, until the meat is well-coloured.
4. Rest the meat for at least as long as it cooked for in a warm place and then slice across the grain.
1. Firstly, press and sieve the blackberries.
2. Add the Gallo Family Vineyards Autumn Red to the pan used to cook the venison, stir and reduce for a few minutes.
3. Add the sloe gin, blackberries, blackberry jam and boil until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, add seasoning and sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce And Horseradish Potato Rosti. So what do you think?
About this post -This is a guest post. No payment was received. I was also gifted a wine sample to try out. Recipe and photo credit by Gallo Family Vineyards
So what do you think of this recipe? Venison Steak With Blackberry Sauce And Horseradish Potato Rosti. So tasty.
Do you also fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Firstly, Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Rosé Canapé Cakes: Gallo Family Vineyards Summer Rosé Canapé Cakes.
Secondly, Salcombe Gin Launches Mediterranean Inspired Gin ‘Rosé Sainte Marie’ for Summer 2019.
Are you a gin lover? Looking for a gin recipe for Afternoon Tea?
#AfternoonTeaWeek Salcombe Gin Launches Mediterranean Inspired Gin ‘Rosé Sainte Marie‘ for Summer 2019.
Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.