Are you looking for a nice warm salad recipe?
Warm squash salad anyone?
How To Make A Warm Squash Salad:
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25-30 mins
Serves: 2 people as a main, 4 people as a small side
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped to 1cm pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 15g dried cranberries
- 50g pecans, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40ml Sarson’s Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 sprigs of fresh oregano, leaves removed from stalks, plus extra
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/Gas 6. Place the chopped butternut squash on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft throughout and slightly browned. Toss the squash a number of times throughout the process.
- Once cooked, place on a serving plate, and scatter the cranberries and pecans over the top.
- For the dressing, in a small saucepan, place the olive oil, vinegar and oregano leaves in a pan, and heat over a medium heat until warm.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and garnish with a little sprig of oregano, season with salt and pepper and serve.
*Recipe and recipe photography by Sarson’s*
What do you think of this Warm Squash Salad recipe?
Fancy trying it?
Warm Potato And Tuna Salad:
Fancy making this Warm Potato and Tuna salad?
The combination of kale, sun-dried tomatoes and baby potatoes works perfectly in this hearty, nutritious salad.
Low fat/low sat fat, low sodium.
Carrot Pistachio And Feta Salad:
Are you looking for a new salad recipe for lunchtime? Something full of different tastes?
Fancy trying any of these recipes?
Hope you can stop by again soon.