Welsh Lamb Nachos: Christmas Party Food anyone? Hello lovelies, looking for any last minute party ideas? Welsh Lamb Nachos?
How To Make Welsh Lamb Nachos:
Serves: 4 main – 6 for nibbles
Cooking Time: About 30 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Lean Welsh Lamb mince
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 400g (approx) Can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) Chilli powder
- 5ml (1tsp) Allspice
- 400g (approx) Can red kidney beans, drained
- 30ml (2tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 175g approx Bag Tortilla chips/crisps
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 Clementines, peeled, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, rind and juice removed and used
- Small handful fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado, peeled and lightly crushed
- Dry fry the Welsh Lamb mince in a small pan until browned with the onion and garlic (place the mince in cold pan & increase the heat – the meat will cook in its own juices)
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chilli, allspice, beans, ketchup and seasoning.
- Simmer on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
Make the Clementine salsa:
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well together.
- Cover & leave for flavours to infuse.
- Layer tortillas and mince mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle with stilton and place under preheated hot grill for about 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Served the nachos with a large dollop of Clementine salsa.
Recipe and photo credits- Welsh Beef Christmas
What do you think of these Welsh Lamb Nachos?
Fancy trying some?
Christmas Party Food.
You might also like:
I love cheesy nachos and I could eat these at any time of the day, night or year. How about trying these Branston Turkey Nachos? Not just for Christmas!
Fancy a sweet twist on the savoury nachos?
How yummy do these Strawberry Cheesecake Nachos look!
How about some Pulled Pork Nachos? Fully Loaded. Love nachos and cheese? Fancy making some of these tasty Pulled pork nachos?