Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate
White Chocolate Gateau: by Gregg Wallace for White Chocolate Day. Hello, lovelies. So how are you today? (Updated post. First published here 17th July 2016).
Hello friends, happy white chocolate day. So do you love white chocolate? Because I do! ( But then again, I love all cake and chocolate!). White Chocolate Gateau anyone?
How To Make A White Chocolate Gateau:
White Chocolate Gateau was created by Gregg Wallace.
Preparation time 45 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time 25–30 minutes
- Butter, for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 125 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 125 g (4 oz) plain flour
- 50 g (2 oz) Divine White Chocolate, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons rosewater or 2–3 drops rose essence
- 150 ml (1⁄4 pint) crème fraîche
- 200 g (7 oz) Divine White Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 75 g (3 oz) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons single cream, at room temperature
- 125 g (4 oz) icing sugar
- White chocolate curls
- Sugared rose petals (optional)
- Sifted icing sugar, for dusting
White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day
- Firstly, grease and line the bases of two 20 cm (8 inches) round sandwich tins. Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together in a large bowl using a hand-held electric whisk until thick enough to leave a trail when the whisk is lifted.
- Sift the flour into the bowl. Add the grated chocolate and fold in using a large metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for 20–25 minutes until just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Stir the rosewater into the crème fraîche and use to sandwich the 2 cakes together on a serving plate.
- Put the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water so that the base of the bowl is not touching the water and leave until melted. Allow to cool, then stir in the cream and icing sugar and beat until smooth. Leave the mixture to cool further until it forms soft peaks, then spread over the top and side of the cake using a palette knife.
- Last but not least, decorate the top of the cake with white chocolate curls, sugared rose petals, if you like, and a light dusting of icing sugar.
The sugared rose petals decorating this cake enhance the subtle rosewater flavouring. To make, lightly brush fresh rose petals with beaten egg white and dust them with caster sugar. Leave to dry on non-stick greaseproof paper for 1–2 hours before using.
White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day.
So what do you think about this White Chocolate Gateau? Do you also fancy making one? Recipe and recipe photography by Divine Chocolate.
Did You See Yesterday’s Post?
Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn. Goodbye Summer. We’ve had a blast. It has been great knowing you. You have been kind to us. Maybe a bit too kind with the heatwave!? Also, you know you are my favourite season right!? I hate being cold or wet or both in Autumn/Winter! We were totally spoilt this year and now as I type this post up the wind is fierce and the rain is fast. Autumn has now arrived. Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn.
You Might Also Like These Recipes:
Firstly, White Chocolate And BerryWorld Cranberry Truffle. I love any sweet things with white chocolate in them and today I have a special treat to share with you. White Chocolate and BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles. Delicious. The mix of crisp cranberries, creamy white chocolate, and zesty orange creates a delightful flavour sensation that makes these a perfect Christmas present or after-dinner treat. What’s not to like about that? White Chocolate And BerryWorld Cranberry Truffles. So yummy.
Secondly, White Chocolate Banana Bread. We don’t eat as many bananas when we don’t have smoothies. We always have a few bananas leftover at the end of the week that need to be eaten. Ripe bananas only mean one thing: it’s time to bake. Yeah. That’s ideal for banana bread. I cooked banana bread, which the kids devoured. How to make white chocolate banana bread: White Chocolate Banana Bread. What’s not to love?
Thirdly, White Chocolate Blondies With Blueberries And Macadamia Nuts. For a truly nice taste, the blondie batter is made with melted white chocolate, bits of chocolate and almonds are put in for texture, and fresh blueberries are placed on top. White Chocolate Blondies with blueberries And Macadamia Nuts.
Strawberry, Vanilla And White Chocolate Scones:
Fourthly, Strawberry, Vanilla And White Chocolate Scones. Fancy trying the Strawberry Scones? What’s not to love? With these delectable Wimbledon-inspired scones, you’ll be the hero of Elevenses. These fit well in a picnic basket and maybe pulled out at any time to keep hunger at bay. These scones are flavoured with the aromatic Clipper Skinni Vanilli Tea and drizzled with Divine Chocolate’s White Chocolate with Strawberries. Strawberry, Vanilla And White Chocolate Scones. So tasty.
Fifthly, White Chocolate Cookies Studded With Cranberries. Do you like making your own cookies? Do you fancy trying these White Chocolate Cookies Studded with Cranberries? We adore cookies around here, especially after they’ve been taken out of the oven for about 10 minutes. With a glass of milk, it’s still warm!! What a delicacy! How to make cookies with this step by step recipe. Recipe By Linda Collister. White Chocolate Cookies Studded with Cranberries. So yummy.
Last but not least, White Chocolate And Pistachio Sponge Blondies:
So today I have a lovely treat for you! Do you also like baking? But also like baking sweet recipes (like me?). White Chocolate and Pistachio Sponge Blondies, anyone? So yummy!? It’s likely that the term ‘blondies’ was coined by Americans. Otherwise, wouldn’t the brownies have all the fun? Also, use green pistachios, which you can normally find in the supermarket’s cooks’ or special ingredients area. White Chocolate And Pistachio Sponge Blondies.
White Chocolate Gateau. Thank you so much for stopping by. If you like this post, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So I hope you have enjoyed today’s post? Also, if you like you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
White Chocolate Gateau:
White Chocolate Gateau. Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.