WIitche’s Ribs With Vampire Toast: Fun Halloween Ideas.
WIitche’s Ribs With Vampire Toast anyone?
Enjoy a scary savoury treat at your Halloween party
Sticky, glossy and very tender, these witches’ ribs make a perfect Halloween treat to nibble on after trick or treating.
WIitche’s Ribs With Vampire Toast: Fun Halloween Ideas:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
For The Ribs:
55ml soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
½ tbsp sesame oil
50g (2oz) Lyle’s Trick Or Treacle
1½ rounded tbsp Tate & Lyle’s golden caster sugar
2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
2 x 500g pork loin rack of ribs
You will also need a large deep roasting tin lined with foil and some Halloween cutters.
For The Toasts:
4 slices white sliced bread
Vegetable oil,for frying
1.) Combine the soy, hoisin and chilli sauces with the oil, treacle, sugar and garlic in a shallow non-metallic tray.
2.) Add the pork ribs and turn them in the marinade to coat.
3.) Set aside for at least 1 hour, or overnight, covered in the fridge.
4.) Turn occasionally.
5.) Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan, 300°F, Gas Mark 3.
6.) Half-fill the roasting tin with cold water and place it on the bottom of the oven.
7.) Arrange the ribs directly on the middle shelf of the oven, sitting above the pan of water.
8.) Transfer the remainder of the marinade into a small bowl.
9.) Roast the ribs for 1 hour, generously brushing the ribs every 15 minutes with the marinade.
10.) After 30 minutes turn the ribs over and continue basting as before.
11.) Watch carefully during the last 10 minutes to make sure they don’t caramelise too much.
12.) Whilst the ribs are cooking, stamp out shapes using the Halloween cutters.
13.) Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat then add the bread and quickly fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp and golden.
14.) Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain and sprinkle with salt.
15.) Remove the ribs from the oven to a chopping board, slice and serve with the toasts.
Recipe and photo credits by Lorna Wing for Lyles.
What do you think about this recipe?
Will you be creating your own Halloween recipes this year?
You Might Also Like:
Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks: Halloween Fun:
Fancy making some Witches’ Hats And Broomsticks this Halloween?
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
- How Do You Like Your Eggs? Hotel Chocolat Review