Salmon, Walnut And Avocado Grain Bowls
Kale, grains and toasted walnuts are the base for this healthy bowl. Toss with a chipotle lime vinaigrette and top with salmon, avocado, beans, peppers and coriander.
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- Pinch black pepper
- 450g salmon fillets
- 140g kale
- 500g cooked brown rice
- 120g California walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, stoned and cubed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 25g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be prepared several days ahead.)
Cook salmon in a well-oiled frying pan over medium-high heat for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until just cooked throughout. Remove from the pan and remove skin. Let them cool, then cut into 1.5cm pieces.
Mix kale and brown rice together in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Place equal amounts on one side of 4 large salad bowls.
Place equal amounts of walnuts, salmon, black beans, peppers, avocado and onion on the other side of the bowl.
Garnish with coriander and additional walnuts for garnish.