Toasted Walnut, Black Bean, Corn And Tomato Salad
This delicious make-ahead salad is a fresh mix of toasted walnuts, black beans, corn, tomatoes, mozzarella and spring onions, all tossed in a zesty dressing. An easy salad that’s the perfect lunchtime meal!
- 120g California walnut halves
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 450g frozen sweetcorn, prepared according to directions, then cooled
- 50g fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch spring onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 25g coriander, roughly chopped
- 125ml rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 125g baby spinach and kale mix
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Salad:Preheat oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Place walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove from oven. Chop roughly when cool.
Add walnuts, black beans, sweetcorn, mozzarella, tomatoes, spring onions and coriander equally to 6 lunch containers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Dressing:Add rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper to a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Divide equally into 6 individual salad dressing containers. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Or, keep in original container, shake well and pour into each lunch container when ready to serve.
Assembly:Add baby spinach and kale to toasted walnut, black bean, corn and tomato salad containers.
Drizzle each salad with salad dressing.
Serve with lime wedges.