How To Make A Big Fruit Trifle
Trifle, in English cuisine, is a dessert made with fruit, a thin layer of sponge fingers soaked in sherry or another fortified wine, and custard. It can be topped with whipped cream.
- 3 raspberry Swiss rolls, sliced
- 800g strawberries, de-stalked and cut into halves, reserve some for decoration
- 300g raspberries, reserve some for decoration
- 360g blueberries, reserve some for decoration
- 1 x 500g fresh vanilla custard
- 2 x 450g Rachel’s Low Fat Raspberry Bio Live Yogurt
- 600ml whipping cream
Begin by layering the Swiss roll on the base followed by the fruits, custard and yogurt, repeat the layers until the serving dish is three quarters full – you really can’t go wrong.
Whip the cream to soft peaks and either pipe or spoon into the dish to finish the trifle layers
Decorate with scattered fruit and serve immediately.