How To Make Dracula’s Bloody Brew Halloween Soup
As Autumn’s chill begins to bite, we look forward to traditional celebrations associated with the season, taking advantage of the rich harvest mother nature has to offer.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 4 x 250g packs cooked beetroot in natural juices, roughly chopped, juices reserved
- 2 litres vegetable stock, made with 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 large tablespoon beetroot powder
- 6 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- 6 tbsp. horseradish
- Dill sprigs to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry onion and garlic. Add chopped beetroot and juices along with the stock. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Take pan off heat, stir in chia seeds and beetroot powder. Let the soup cool slightly then blend soup until smooth with a hand-held blender.
Return to heat and warm through.
Combine Greek yoghurt and horseradish in a bowl. Dish the soup into a bowl and swirl in a spoonful of sauce and garnish with dill.