Recipe and recipe photography by Peruvian Avocados
Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake. Hello friends, so how are you doing? Thanks so much for stopping by, today.
Avocado and lime cake anyone? How yummy!! Avocado and lime are the perfect pairings – so why not try in a sweet and delicious tea loaf. Also great for Afternoon Tea.
How To Make A Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake:
Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake: The Perfect Pairings.
Preparation: 20 minutes || Cooking: 55-60 minutes
- 85g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 very ripe avocado, such as Hass, halved, pitted peeled and mashed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100ml buttermilk
- ½ very ripe avocado, such as Hass, pitted, peeled and mashed
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ lime
- 35g unsalted butter
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
How To Make Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven160°C/gas 4. Grease and line the base of a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using an electric whisk beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the lime zest and juice to the mashed avocado, then beat this into the butter mixture. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Use a large metal spoon to fold half into the avocado mixture. Stir in the buttermilk, then fold in the remaining flour mixture.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared tin and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes – 1hr until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the loaf is browning too quickly, cover lightly with a piece of foil.
- Remove from the oven then leave to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the tin, peel away the paper and leave on a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, mix the avocado with half the lime zest and the juice.
- Cream the butter using an electric whisk, then beat in the avocado mixture. Slowly add the icing sugar, whisking well to combine. Spread thickly over the top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with the remaining lime zest.
Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake: The Perfect Pairings:
Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake. *Recipe and recipe photography by Peruvian Avocados * *No Payment was received* So what do you think about this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Any babies in the family? If so, why not also see this recipe: Avocado and chicken baby booster. Hello friends. Are you looking for any baby recipe? Vitamin-packed avocados make the ideal baby food due to their nutritional benefits and smooth consistency. Avocado And Chicken Baby Booster.
You Might Also Like These Avocado Recipes:
- Firstly, Avocado, Prawn and Cabbage Salad. Are you looking for a new and tasty salad recipe to try out?
How about this Avocado, Prawn and Cabbage Salad? How To Make Avocado, Prawn and Cabbage Salad.
- Secondly, Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple. Love watercress and avocados in your salad? So do you fancy making a tasty Watercress and Avocado Salad with Bacon and Apple? Because I do! So tasty. Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple.
- Thirdly, Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats. Great for brunch. Are you looking for some nice and healthy brunch recipes? Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats anyone? You might also like this Halloumi And Watercress Brunch Salad too. Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats.
- Fourthly, Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie. How good to know then that to keep the second half of this promise is relatively easy. With the help of some delicious new recipes featuring the original superfood – watercress. Watercress (an 80g bag is available for as little as £1 from supermarkets nationwide). It is the ‘star’ of smoothies, salads, soups and so much more. Boasting an incredible 50 vital vitamins and minerals, gram for gram watercress contains more calcium than milk. More Vitamin C than oranges, more folate than a banana and more Vitamin E than broccoli. Watercress is a powerhouse of goodness. Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie.
Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake: The Perfect Pairings:
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos. So are you planning a New Years Eve Party? Are you looking for some nibbles and party food recipe ideas? This recipe would be great for any party you might be planning. Afternoon tea, anyone? Tiger Prawn, Avocado And Harissa Mayo Tacos.
Secondly, Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake. If you’re wondering how to make a vegan cake, we have the perfect recipe. Ready in under an hour, this moist, fluffy vegan frosted lemon cake recipe makes a great vegan treat, particularly good with a cup of tea. Why is this the best vegan cake recipe? Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake. So yummy.
Thirdly, Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake:
So, do you want to learn how to make cakes using vegetables? Do you want to try your hand at cooking a Squidgy Carrot and Courgette Cake? This easy-to-make organic carrot and courgette cake is moist and tasty, and will be a hit with your family and friends!
This is, without a doubt, one of my favourite carrot cake recipes from the blog. Of course, why not create your own to discover why? Garden parties, birthday goodies, and afternoon tea are all good ideas. This summer, it’ll be ideal for a picnic. I also like to pack some in my lunchbox for a quick pick-me-up in the afternoon. Squidgy Carrot And Courgette Cake. So yummy.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Finally, I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
You Might Also Like My Latest Posts.