Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: overnight
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 300ml (1/2 pint) water
- 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled
- Pare the coloured rind from the orange and lemons with a swivel bladed vegetable peeler.
- Halve the fruits and squeeze the juice.
- Add the rind to a saucepan with the sugar and water.
- Heat until the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool then stir in the fruit juices and strain the syrup.
- Purée the strawberries in a liquidiser with 2 tablespoons of the syrup then sieve.
- Pour into the base of the lolly moulds and freeze for about 30 minutes until solid.
- Press the lolly sticks into frozen berry base.
- Pour the orangeade into the lolly moulds and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, dip lolly moulds briefly in warm water then lift out of moulds and serve.
About this post -
Recipe and photo credit by Seasonal Berries