Recipe : Castle MacLellan
- 2 Fillet Steaks
- 1 tub Castle MacLellan Chicken Liver Pâté with Scottish Heather Honey
- 1 slice farmhouse white bread
- Vegetable oil
- Madeira wine
- Redcurrant jelly
- Cut two rounds out of the bread roughly the size of the steaks.
- In a frying pan heat vegetable oil, fry off the bread colouring lightly on both sides, place on kitchen roll to drain.
- Discard the oil, and place pan back on the heat.
- Season the steaks and cook to your liking.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- Using the same pan keep on the heat and add 100mls of madeira wine and 2 tablespoons redcurrant sauce, bring to the boil and turn down to simmer, reduce, the sauce will thicken slightly. Add the juices from the resting steaks.
- Assemble the food in a tower.
- Place the steak on the plate first then place the crouton on top, quenelle the Castle MacLellan Chicken Liver Pâté with Scottish Heather Honey and place on top of the crouton, pour the sauce over the stack .
- Serve with selection of fresh vegetables.
About this post: This is a guest recipe from Castle MacLellan. No Payment was received.