A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake. Happy Monday, I hope you have had a lovely weekend?
I have a recipe to share with you today that is perfect for a dinner date or party with your adult friends.
Fancy trying out a berry boozy Chocolate cake recipe?
A decadent dessert for grownups! Yummy!!
- ½ jar of Pinkster Boozy Berries, chopped into thirds.
- 500ml milk
- 350g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 125g butter
- 85g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g butter
- 100g cocoa powder
- 75ml milk
- A punnet of fresh raspberries for decoration
A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, then grease and line two 25cm sandwich tins.
2. Mix the butter, sugar and eggs together until they reach a frothy, creamy consistency.
3. Fold in half the flour then add half the milk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Fold the rest of the flour into the mix add the cocoa powder and stir until it’s all incorporated.
5. Pour in the rest of the milk and give it another stir.
6. Pour the mix into the sandwich tins and bake for around 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake to test its readiness – it should come out clean.
7. Now it’s time for the icing. Tip the butter into a clean mixing bowl and beat with the milk until they become soft and malleable.
8. Gradually start adding the icing sugar, mixing until it’s all incorporated. Stir in the cocoa powder and beat until smooth.
9. Take a third of the chocolate frosting mix and spread it over the top of one of your cakes. Sprinkle with the chopped Boozy Berries, along with plenty of chopped raspberries for added fruitiness then sit the other cake on top.
10. Pipe or spread the rest of the chocolate frosting mix over the entire cake.
A Berry Boozy Chocolate Cake. Recipe and Images courtesy of Pinkster Gin; Boozy Berries.
What do you think, fancy making a Berry Boozy Chocolate cake?
You Might Also Like: