Fancy making these Blackberry And Hazelnut Brownies?
Blackberry and Hazelnut Brownies By Laura Blake.
346 calories / 21g fat per portion
Laura says: ‘Try this naughty and decadent way to make the most of these gorgeous berries – rather than popping them into pies or crumbles.’
- 150g (5oz) Kerrygold butter
- 40g (1½ oz) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 120g (4½ oz) caster sugar
- 60g (2½ oz) light muscovado or soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Greek-style natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 30g (1¼ oz) cocoa powder
- 40g (1½ oz) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 150g (5oz) fresh or frozen blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a 23cm (9 inch) square baking tin with baking paper.
- Over a very low heat, gently melt the butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally and keeping a close eye on them.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, caster sugar, light muscovado or soft light brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Do this with an electric whisk on full speed for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the melted butter and chocolate and mix gently until combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together, then fold into the chocolate mixture with half the hazelnuts and blackberries, using a large metal spoon.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level the surface, then sprinkle the rest of the blackberries and hazelnuts on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check with a skewer – it should come out clean.
- If not, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cool for half an hour on a wire rack before cutting into 8 squares.
- Try using fresh or frozen raspberries if you can’t find blackberries.
Recipe and photo credit by -Laura Blake’s recipe has been taken from the Kerrygold Community Recip-e-book, available for free download now!
Visit Kerrygold UK for more delicious recipes and to download your free copy.