Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts: Christmas Sides. Hello friends. So hands up who fancy’s making some Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Chestnuts?
Such a perfect side for Christmas dinner!? Because sprouts are great at Christmas.
How To Make Brussels Sprouts with Bacon And Chestnuts:
Serves: 4 – 6
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 240g can whole chestnuts, halve or quarter large chestnuts
- 500g Brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and halve
- 6 rashers bacon, finely sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts Method:
How To Make:
- Firstly, plunge the Brussels sprouts into a pan of boiling water and boil for two minutes.
- Drain well and refresh the sprouts under cold running water, then drain again.
- Then heat the butter and oil in a deep-sided frying pan or wok.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the sprouts and chestnuts and stir-fry until all the ingredients are heated through.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts Hints And Tips:
Canned chestnuts need no preparation before cooking, so this meal takes just minutes to make.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 283
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbs: 19.0g
- Sugars: 6.6g
- Fat: 18.1g
- Sat Fat: 6.7g
- Fibre: 6.7g
- Sodium: 0.6g
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon And Chestnuts. Recipe and photo credit by- Canned Food UK. So what do you think? Do you fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie:
Firstly, a bubbling, golden-crusted pie is the simplest way of turning Christmas leftovers into a warming centrepiece. Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At Christmas.
Sprout And Chestnut Gratin:
Secondly, more Brussels? Are you planning something a little different for your Christmas dinner sides?
So how about making this Sprout And Chestnut Gratin? Brussels Sprouts. Love them or hate them?
Sprouts are a must at Christmas, aren’t they? Even if you’re not the biggest of fans. Sprout And Chestnut Gratin.
How To Make Brussels Sprout And Comté Gratin:
Thirdly, do you fancy trying out this Brussels sprout And Comté gratin recipe?
So Brussels are not just for Christmas, are they?
Also an utterly delicious twist on a very festive vegetable, the sprouts are baked with pancetta & thyme and topped with Comté and breadcrumbs.
How tasty!! How To Make Brussels Sprout And Comté Gratin.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts:
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts. Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Also, find me on the Web | Twitter | Facebook
Polka Dot Lady. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.