Simple and oh-SO tasty!
Char-Cooked Courgette And Pepper Bruschetta.
Perfect for a light lunch or a supper starter.
How To Make Char-Cooked Courgette And Pepper Bruschetta:
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 10 mins
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 thick slices of sourdough or rustic-style bread
- 2 large courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 200g roasted peppers (from a jar), drained
- Few shaves of Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Basil or parsley sprigs, to garnish
How to make this recipe:
- Preheat a char-grill pan or the grill.
- Mix together the Lyle’s Black Treacle, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Lightly brush the slices of bread with this mixture, then char-grill or grill the bread on both sides.
- Brush the courgette slices with the glaze and char-grill or grill them until tender (about 1 minute per side). Arrange them on the slices of bread with torn-up strips of roasted pepper.
- Finish off with shaves of Parmesan cheese, a little black pepper and some basil leaves or parsley sprigs. Drizzle with the remaining glaze, then serve.
- Char-grill or grill 4 small bunches of cherry tomatoes on the vine and serve them on top of the bruschetta, if you like.
*This recipe is courtesy of Lyle’s Golden Syrup. For more delicious recipe inspiration visit Lyles Golden Syrup.No payment was received.*
What do you think of this Char-Cooked Courgette And Pepper Bruschetta recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Peachy Goat’s Cheese Bruschetta:
Peachy Goat’s Cheese Bruschetta anyone?
When you fancy something quick and tasty – and just a little bit different – this is a great choice!
Perfect weekend snacks.
These make sweet nibbles too if you’re having some family and friends around too.
I would love to be served up these if I was visiting someone.
Would you too?
Peachy Goat’s Cheese Bruschetta.