I feel so lucky to have been sent a Limited Edition-World without Bottles Jet SodaStream to review. This SodaStream offer an alternative to plastic bottles and can consumption and comes in this earth friendly green colour with a Co2 canister and reusable carbonating bottle. How cool!?
One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 Liters or180 cans of beverage and is then re-filled to be re-used.
I have always been a big fan of SodaStream I remember having one in the 1980’s my friend had one and i pestered my mums eyes out until i got one.They were so cool..
Remember their slogan?
“Get busy with the fizzy“
I just have to share this video…
Love it ….
Setting up my Sodastream:
I was really pleased it is easy to set up and surprised how quick and easy it was to make your own pop.
Simply screw the Co2 canister into the back of the machine then after rinsing my bottle I filled my water bottle up to the water level which is clearly marked out.
I used nice cold water from the refrigerator and then screwed the bottle in the machine.
After that 3 easy little pushes to the button in short presses until you hear the buzz stopping after each one for a standard fizz if you want a stronger fizz press once more.
Good to know:
- SodaStream and soda-club are the world’s leading brand for the simple,elegant and appealing preparation of carbonated soft drinks in millions of homes across the world.
- Their drinks makers ,flavours, gas cylinders and bottles are retailed in thousands of stores and across markets in Europe,North America,Asia, Africa and Australia.
SodaStream was a brand born in the UK.
- Every year SodaStream provides over 600 ,million litres of carbonated beverages to more than 10 million households,making it one of the largest beverages companies in the world.
- For every one of these drinks makers sold, SodaStream will donate $1 to the one to one project which be used to contribute to the building of water wells in Kenya and supply one person with clean drinking water for at least one year.
- An Amazing 340.000.000.000 Bottles and cans are not recycled every year worldwide.
1 bottle takes 450 years to decompose.
- SodaStream is committed to reduce bottle waste, its reusable carbonating bottles is estimated to save 2000 bottles and cans in 3 years.
Over the years we have not heard much about SodaStream until March 2010 they started a new TV campaign.
Sodastream it’s back.
Bottles A carbonating bottle lasts up to 3 years.You can buy extra reusable bottles for this model 1 litre bottles twin pack for £9-99 so you can make extra pop for the fridge. Flavours There is loads of great flavours for you to buy including…
- Pink Grapefruit
- Green Tea
- Royal Passion Fruit
- Diet Energy
- Ginger Ale
- Many Many More…
Replacing your Sodastream cylinder:
- Remove the rear cover.
- Unscrew the empty cylinder and remove from the drinks maker.
- Sodastream tell you your nearest Store Locator’s to exchange your cylinder and you only pay for the cost of the gas.
- Carefully screw the cylinder tightly back into the cylinder holder.
How much pop do we really get through?
On average our family of 6 buys around 3 bottles of 2 litre pop a week
times this by 52 weeks a year = 156.
156 bottles times by 3 year the length of a SodaStream carbonating bottle last is 468
That some bottles having to be recycled.
This does not even include small bottles and cans.
Some of the positives we have found with SodaStream.
- Pop when you fancy it and not opening a bottle and forgetting about it then have flat pop.
- Saving the environment on unwanted bottles and being more green.
- Not having to carry loads of bottles from the shops.
- Having space in my cupboards and fridge not having to find space to put bottles.
- Loads of different flavours to try.
- Having your pop just the way we like it more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or not to sweet.
- Lotsof fun with the kids making our very own pop.
- The pop is well priced when you compare it to fizzy drinks in the shop.
- If you have a large family or love fizzy pop like I do it is a fun addition to the kitchen.
- Everything you need to buy for this product is easy to get hold of as SodaStream sell everything
and tell you where to exchange your gas.
- For a more healthier drink just carbonate your water or add a splash of lemon or lime.
Some of the negatives about SodaStream:
- If you don’t drink to much fizzy pop you wouldn’t get your moneys worth.
- It is a lot of money to pay out all at once.
- At £59-00 even if you use it long term I’m not sure you would save any money but having said that if you can get a similar model or discounted I think its a great item to have.
SodaStreams new TV adverting campaign .
A World Without Bottles.
What do you think?
Overall I Think:
“It’s a fun addition to the kitchen”
Have a great week and let me know in the comments what you think of the new Sodastream!! Would you like to live in a world without plastic bottles?
About this post:
I was sent this Sodastream free to review all options are my own and i was not paid for this review.