Are you looking for a nice and healthy dinner recipe?
How about trying this Spanish Roast Cod with Chorizo and Persimon® recipe?
In this tasty dish, cod loin fillets are sprinkled with olive oil and smoked pimentón (Spanish paprika), then roasted with slices of chorizo, red onion and Persimon®. Serve with fine green beans or asparagus for a healthy light meal.
How To Make Spanish Roast Cod with Chorizo and Persimon®:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g chorizo sausage (from a ring), sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Spanish Persimon®, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 150g cod loin fillets
- A little salt
- 2 pinches smoked pimentón (Spanish paprika)
- 150g fine green beans or asparagus, trimmed
- Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, Fan Oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
2. Put 1tbsp olive oil into a roasting tin and add the chorizo, garlic, red onion and Persimon®. Toss together, then roast for 10 minutes.
3. Put the cod loin fillets on top of the chorizo mixture and drizzle the rest of the olive oil on top. Season with salt and smoked pimentón. Return to the oven to roast for a further 10-12 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
4. Five minutes before the fish is ready, cook the beans or asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain well and serve with the roasted fish, chorizo and Persimon® mixture, garnished with sprigs of flat leaf parsley.
Cook’s tip: To make the dish more substantial, stir a 400g can of rinsed cannellini beans through the chorizo mixture before putting the fish fillets on top.
Recipe c/o Spanish Persimon
What do you think of this Spanish Roast Cod with Chorizo and Persimon® recipe?
Fancy trying it?