Are you looking for a mid-week lunchtime soup recipe to try out?
Fancy trying this Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds recipe out? (This recipe is created by Madeline Shaw and Linwoods).
How To Make Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds:
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 medium squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 500ml of fresh vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of Linwoods Hemp Seeds
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- (vegan) Yoghurt to serve – optional
How To Make:
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pot, allow it to melt then add the onion and a big pinch of salt, sautee for 7 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, stir for 30 seconds then add the squash and another pinch of salt, stir well then pour over the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, allow this to simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- While this is cooking toast the pumpkin and hemp seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until golden, then leave to the side to cool.
- Once the squash is cooked though, puree the soup until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and top with a swirl of yoghurt, if using, and scatter over the toasted seeds.
Recipe c/o Linwoods
What do you think of this Squash and Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these soup recipes:
Onion & Couscous Soup:
Fancy trying this Onion & Couscous Soup recipe?
Spicy Sausage Soup:
Fancy making some Spicy Sausage Soup?
Squashy Bottom Soup Bowls:
This easy-to-make squash soup doesn’t even require any bowls. Squashy Bottom Soup Bowls.