How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy. Happy Tuesday friends. Fancy making a tasty and healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy?
Remember summer trips to the corner shop for a slushy that would turn your tongue bubblegum blue? Upgrade the original sugar-laden slush using fresh fruit. Super hydrating and rich in vitamins A and C, it’s is an ideal way to refresh and rehydrate after a workout, as the watermelon is about 90 per cent water. It’s also ridiculously easy to make – all you need is a freezer, a blender and a bit of time.
How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy:
Ingredients – serves 4
- Half a watermelon (seedless is ideal, you want around 4 cups worth)
- Half a cucumber, peeled
- 1 tbsp. honey
- A few mint leaves
- Juice of a lime
How To Make:
1. Place the watermelon on a large chopping board and cut lengthways so you have two quarters
2. Taking each quarter at a time, make inch thick slices width ways across the melon down to the rind. Then, slice inch thick slices lengthways so you create squares. Now carefully slide the knife between the rind and the flesh to release the cubes. Tip into a plastic food bag or tub and place in your freezer for at least four hours, or overnight
3. Once frozen, tip the frozen watermelon with the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and slushy – you might need to adjust the sweetness with a little extra honey
4. Pour into glasses and enjoy – spoon optional.
Nutrition information: Kcal 47, Protein 2g, Carbs 18g, Fat 0g, Fibre 1g
How To Make A Healthy Watermelon Cucumber Slushy.
What do you think of this Watermelon Cucumber Slushy recipe?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like: