Recipe and image courtesy of Windmill Mayfair.
The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe. Hello friends. So how are you today?
The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak & Kidney Pie. “The institute of pie excellence” *, The Windmill Mayfair, are sharing their award-winning secret recipe for the country’s most-loved pie so you can enjoy a slice of the British Pie Week action from Young’s at home.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe Ingredients.
- Secondly, The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe:
- 3kg of beef skirt
- 900g ox kidney
- 150g beef dripping
- 900g field mushrooms
- 450g sliced white onion
- 75g plain flour
- 75ml Worcester sauce
- 50g English mustard
- 38ml mushroom ketchup
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1.5 pints Young’s Bitter
- 500ml beef stock
- Fresh parsley
For The Top:
- 400g self-raising flour
- 200g shredded suet
- 1 egg
- Fresh parsley
The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe Method:
- Firstly, take the meat out of the fridge at least two hours before cooking and leave in a cool, dry place.
- Heat the dripping in a saucepan then add the sliced onions. Cook until soft, but not coloured, then add the beef skirt and colour lightly.
- Add the plain flour then turn up the heat to brown the meat. Add the ox kidney and all other ingredients, except the beer and stock. Combine well.
- Gradually add the stock and beer then simmer gently until the meat is tender. Mix in the fresh parsley then transfer to a pie dish. Set aside.
- Let’s build! Sieve the self-raising flour into a bowl then add the shredded suet, fresh parsley and seasoning. Gradually add fresh, cold water and combine gently – avoid over-working the pastry. It’s ready when the mixture comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Roll the pastry into a ball and cover in cling film. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat The Oven:
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry until it’s around 1cm thick then cover the pie mixture. Brush with a beaten egg then place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Last but not least, leave to rest for 5 minutes then serve piping hot with creamy mash and plenty of gravy!
The Windmill Mayfair’s Award-Winning Steak And Kidney Pie Recipe. Recipe and image courtesy of Windmill Mayfair.
So what do you think of this recipe? Do you also fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make A Chestnut, Mushroom And Shallot Pie. Get your taste buds ready for National Vegetarian Week 2018 (which runs from 14-20 May) with this Chestnut, mushroom And shallot pie. So tasty. How To Make A Chestnut, Mushroom And Shallot Pie.
Secondly, 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make. A classic apple pie recipe anyone? I love homemade apple pies. Do you too? Served warm with custard or ice cream, yummy! Whenever I see them, I can’t help thinking of my Grandma. 3 Apple Pie Recipes: Just Like Grandma Used To Make.
Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie: A Perfect Recipe At Christmas. So do you fancy making a pie up today? A bubbling, golden-crusted pie is the simplest way of turning Christmas leftovers into a warming centrepiece. Of course, so tasty too. Turkey, Gammon And Sprout Pot Pie.
Sweet Potato Pie with Parma Ham and Robiola Cheese:
Fourthly, Sweet Potato Pie with Parma Ham and Robiola Cheese. It seems that spring has sprung early this year, and during those warmer days, why not soak up some glorious sunshine with an outdoor lunch or al fresco dining. Parma Ham – 100% natural with no added ingredients – is the perfect product to pair with an array of foods for a fresh and flavourful taste. Sweet Potato Pie with Parma Ham and Robiola Cheese.
Last but not least, Mushroom And Leek Pie. Mushroom And leek pie, what a tasty combination!? Creamy mushrooms and leeks encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Delicious, filling and a great choice to serve to both vegans and meat-eaters! The pie is filling and features vegetables encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Mushroom And Leek Pie.
Finally, lovelies; thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you like this post? If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.