We love yummy Dauphinoise Potatoes here! Do you?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g butter
- 300g Rachel’s greek style natural yogurt
- 200g double cream
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Grated parmesan
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/327°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a gratin or a suitable ovenproof dish.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, cook for approx 10 minutes until the slices are tender.
- Drain using a colander and leave to cool slightly.
- Layer the potatoes with the onions and garlic into the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the yogurt and cream together in a jug, until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, it should nearly reach the surface of the dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and parmesan and bake until golden brown and bubbling for approximately 1 hour.
- Let the gratin rest for 10 minutes before serving and serve whilst still warm.
Tip: Try this dish with a traditional Sunday roast, yummy!!
Sat Fat 12.8g,
COST PER SERVING: £0.72
Recipe and photo credit by – Rachel’s