We love yummy Dauphinoise Potatoes here!
Delicious potatoes in a white cheese sauce.
How To Make Dauphinoise Potatoes:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g butter
- 300g Rachel’s greek style natural yogurt
- 200g double cream
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Grated parmesan
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/327°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a gratin or a suitable ovenproof dish.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, cook for approx 10 minutes until the slices are tender.
- Drain using a colander and leave to cool slightly.
- Layer the potatoes with the onions and garlic into the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the yogurt and cream together in a jug, until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, it should nearly reach the surface of the dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and parmesan and bake until golden brown and bubbling for approximately 1 hour.
- Let the gratin rest for 10 minutes before serving and serve whilst still warm.
Tip: Try this dish with a traditional Sunday roast, yummy!!
Sat Fat 12.8g,
COST PER SERVING: £0.72
Recipe and photo credit by – Rachel’s
My favourite way to serve them is with:
How To Make A Tasty Prawn And Kale Paella:
Fancy making some tasty Prawn And Kale Paella?
How To Make A Tasty Prawn And Kale Paella.
Spicy Seafood Paella:
One of our favourite meals has to be paella.
Even the children all love this too.
My husband set us off loving this, as he used to go away to Spain a lot when he was younger.
I never went abroad until I was mid 20’s but once I went and tried it, I loved it too.
We like it served with lots of different seafood in ours, instead of chicken.