Dauphinoise Potatoes…

We love yummy Dauphinoise Potatoes here! Do you?

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

• 800g Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, finely sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 25g butter
  • 300g Rachel’s greek style natural yogurt
  • 200g double cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • Sprinkle of nutmeg
  • Grated parmesan

Method:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190Β°C/327Β°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a gratin or a suitable ovenproof dish.
  2. Peel the potatoes and place in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil, cook for approx 10 minutes until the slices are tender.
  3. Drain using a colander and leave to cool slightly.
  4. Layer the potatoes with the onions and garlic into the dish and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Mix the yogurt and cream together in a jug, until smooth.
  6. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, it should nearly reach the surface of the dish.
  7. Sprinkle with nutmeg and parmesan and bake until golden brown and bubbling for approximately 1 hour.
  8. Let the gratin rest for 10 minutes before serving and serve whilst still warm.

Tip: Try this dish with a traditional Sunday roast, yummy!!

PER SERVING:
COST PER SERVING: Β£0.72

Recipe and photo credit by – Rachel’s

Claire Justine

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. heather @ new house, new home, new life
    8th March 2012 / 12:47 pm

These look amazing. I've made this type of potatoe before, but always used cream. The yogurt must give them a nice tangy taste. I'm "pinning" this recipe to use later. Would be great with the Easter ham.

• Clairejustine
      8th March 2012 / 9:16 pm

Hi Heather,thanks for the comment and pinning πŸ™‚ will go great with ham yummy πŸ™‚

2. Kit @ i-lostinausten
    8th March 2012 / 4:31 pm

Sounds interesting using Greek yogurt. I can imagine these fine combinations tastes yummy creamy delights! We love cream so this recipe definitely for us! πŸ™‚

• Clairejustine
      8th March 2012 / 9:19 pm

Thanks for the comment,hope you get to try it πŸ™‚

3. Judy Haughton-James
    8th March 2012 / 4:43 pm

I like potatoes and this dish certainly looks delicious Clairejustine! Have a good Thursday.

• Clairejustine
      8th March 2012 / 9:20 pm

Hi Judy thank you hope your having a great day πŸ™‚

4. Mary Sullivan Frasier
    12th March 2012 / 2:09 pm

I love a potato gratin with a roast, especially when it's a cut of meat that doesn't produce enough drippings for gravy or a pan sauce. I've never thought to use yogurt before, but I imagine it would lend a delicious tang. I'll be copying this one into my recipe file for sure! Have an awesome week!

• Clairejustine
      13th March 2012 / 6:54 am

Oh Mary you are making me hungry and I'be only just woken up lol,thanks for the comment πŸ™‚

5. Zoe
    12th March 2012 / 9:21 pm

Hmmm! I shall try this with a Sunday roast for a change. Sounds mouth-watering and has got me thinking I might even have to have a go before the weekend! Thank you, will keep you posted on the outcome!

• Clairejustine
      13th March 2012 / 6:55 am

Great thanks πŸ™‚

• Clairejustine
      13th March 2012 / 6:58 am

Just visited your website you have some amazing jewellery πŸ™‚