Today I’m sharing this recipe post by By Sophie Wright, chef and Easy Cheesey Chèvre Ambassador.
French Goat’s Cheese Mini-Log, Rosemary And Green Olive Muffins…
These muffins make a great Saturday afternoon tea time treat, fantastic lunch box filler or picnic hamper favourite. They really are seriously easy to make.
Makes 12 muffins
Prep time 20 minutesCooking time 20 minutes Oven temp 200oc
Approximate cost per muffin: 21 pence
- 75g mild ripe French goat’s cheese mini-log (rind removed)
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 250mls milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary, plus a little extra for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C) while you make the basic muffin mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat one egg and whisk it together with the milk.
- Fold the mix into the flour.
- Add the crumbled French goat’s cheese mini-log, chopped olives and chopped rosemary.
- Arrange you muffin cases in a tray and spoon in the mixture to the top of each case.
- Beat the other egg and gently brush the top of each muffin.
- Garnish with a small sprig of rosemaryBake for about 20 minutes, or until well risen and golden.
- Remove the muffins from the tins and leave to rest for a few minutes before eating!
Recipe and photo credit by- French goats cheese