Fancy trying these Seedy Quinoa and Cacao Slices recipe out?
Specially created for Sevenhills Wholefoods by Deliciously Ella.
(Gluten + Dairy Free, Vegan).
These sticky fruit and nut bars are the perfect afternoon treat. Packed full of superfood goodness they’ll keep you going with natural energy.
How To Make Seedy Quinoa And Cacao Slices:
Makes: Around 16 small slices
Prep time – 25 minutes
Setting time – 40 minutes
What you need:
For the base:
- 200g hazelnuts
- 8 Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic extra virgin raw coconut oil 25g puffed quinoa 80g golden flax seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 60g Sevenhills Wholefoods organic goji berries
- 150g chopped dried apricots
For the cacao topping:
- 3 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic raw cacao powder
- 100g Sevenhills Wholefoods organic cacao butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic raw chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Sevenhills Wholefoods organic goji berries
What you do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and roast the hazelnuts for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Start by pitting the dates and adding them to the food processor with the almond butter, tahini and coconut oil. Blend for about 5 minutes, until a smooth paste forms, then add the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir the quinoa puffs, flax seeds, sesame seeds, goji berries and apricots into the date paste and mix until completely combined.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the baking tray, making sure it is even and quite firmly packed. Place in the fridge to set while you make the cacao layer.
- For the cacao layer, simply place the cacao powder, cacao butter and maple syrup in a sauce pan and heat really gently until the three have melted together, don’t let them come to the boil though.
- Remove the base layer from the fridge and pour the cacao over the top. Sprinkle with chia seeds and goji berries to decorate then return the tray to the fridge for another hour and a half to let the cacao layer set. Slice and enjoy!
*Recipe and recipe photo by Sevenhills Wholefoods*
*No Payment was received*